MATERI BAHASA INGGRIS (1)
Penyusun : Umi Azizah, S.Pd.
Materi Bahasa Inggris ini diperuntukkan untuk kelas 7 Semester ganjil. Diharapkan anak-anak selama liburan bisa mempelajari lewat blog ini, materi hendaknya dibaca dan dimengerti, soal-soal yang ada dijawab di ruang komentar, jawaban yang dikirimkan dinilai dan dimasukkan dalam nilai tugas.
The season in Indonesia
Indonesia is a tropical country. There are two season here, namely dry season and wet season which is also called rainy season.
The dry season usually occurs in April to October, but sometimes occurs earlier than in those times. In the dry season the temperature may reach more than 35o C. It’s very hot outside the sky is clear and the sun shines brightly. Fruit crops may take place in this season such as pineapple, water melon, mango, durian and rambutan. Dry season is also called a picnic time. People often go to have recreation to the beach or climb the mountain. However, the fields are often dry because lack of water. Beside that, in some forests also have the same condition because there is no rainfall which water them. Sometimes the forests are burnt with the high temperature.
The wet season usually occurs in November to March. It almost rain everyday. The sky is always cloudy, the weather is cold. We can’t go anywhere and anything that we like. But it is contrary with the farmers. They have happiness because their rice fields get rich of water. However the wet season also caused flood and damage everywhere. It’s because of pouring rain everyday.
Answer these following questions according to the text above!
1. What country is Indonesia?
2. How many season does Indonesia have? Mention it!
3. When does the dry season occur?
4. How many degree the temperature in a dry season?
5. How many kinds of fruits may crop in dry season?
6. Why also the dry season also called a picnic time?
7. What is the main idea of the 1st paragraph?
8. It almost rain everyday (paragraph three)?
9. We can’t go anywhere and anytime……(paragraph three)
Why can’t we anywhere we like ?
10. Why do the farmers have happiness?
11. What is the meaning of “pouring rain”?